Thursday, December 24, 2015

So It Begins...

Lately I cannot seem to get the fear of forgetting out of my head. I suppose it is because of a few recent events in my life. A one year old quickly growing up, a four year old comprehending more and more of what life is about, and the sudden and unexpected passing of a neighborhood friend (perhaps a little older than my own father, but by all accounts still full of life). It is all coming about so quickly, I can hardly keep up. My heart clenches and stills at the thought of losing it all so quickly, with nothing to cling to. I have also spent the last few nights cuddling a sick baby and just plain remembering. Some of the memories are important to me--precious and irreplaceable. The significance of these memories holds weight, and holds me together when nights get dark and long and desperate. They deserve a hallowed space. So this is it, at least for now. A reservoir of memory so that nothing gets lost or forgotten or seeps between the cracks. One day I hope to print a physical copy of this collection, but for now the cyber realm will suffice.

So, without further ado, and in no particular order, I present my memories--

No comments:

Post a Comment